Friday, July 16, 2004

Curse you eBay!

In the mail today was my latest eBay purchase Pantheon and Other Roleplaying Games by Robin Laws.  I believe I only need one more New Style rpg (an experimental line from the old Hogshead) to complete my set, De Profundis, the game of going insane via the mail.  I'm trying hard to steer clear of the browse-and-buy mania of the last year, but it's creeping up on me again.  This purchase is only the most obvious symptom.  I've got two things in the "Item You Are Watching" field, one of which I could use for my "Android Dreams" project.  Most worrisome is the fact that my automatic search list has been steadily growing.  I had it trimmed down to two items at one point, now it is a dozen searches long.  Good thing most RPG items that interest me are dirt cheap.  If I had a more expensive hobby I would be so screwed.
 
Thanks to the public library I've at least been able to steer clear of bidding on non-game books.  Last night I finished reading Al Franken's Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot & Other Observations.  Good read.  It didn't seem as funny as his book Lies but that may be due at least partially to the fact that this one is a little less topical.  Still, I'll be eager to read his next book.  In the meantime I need to finish Stephen Fatsis's Word Freak, a horrifying (not really) account of the seedy world underworld of bigtime professional Scrabble players.  And on deck is Political Parties in American History, 1890 - Present by Paul L. Murphy.

No comments:

Post a Comment