Thursday, September 23, 2004

Questions About Comics

I like comic books, why do I sometimes hate comic shops? Is it because they are trying to sell me Superhero Brand Merchandise first and good comic books second?

Would I buy monthly comics more often (or at all) if I some good comics were stocked right next to the tabloids at the supermarket checkout?

Digest-sized manga are taking over the local bookstores' comic sections, why don't I see Marvel and DC comics in this format?

More and more all the serious comic fans I know get their fix from trades and graphic novels. Why do monthlies continue to be made?

If Superman or Batman comics came out in black-and-white, at a substantially lower price, would I or anyone else buy it?

How come the only comic subscription card I've seen in years is for Shonen Jump? Now that I can afford to have a monthly mailed to me, neither Marvel or DC seems to be trying to sell me a subscription. I only today discovered that Amazon will sell me some comic book subscriptions, but it hardly even looks like DC is trying.

Am I the only person who would like to see the return of the superhero anthology titles? I think a title in which each month different members of the Justice League had individual one-shot adventures would rock. Maybe this comic is being made and I don't know it.

Does DC comics buy commercial airtime during Teen Titans or JLU? If not, why not?

Did fan boys in ancient Greece get into arguments over whether Odysseus could take Achilles in a fair fight? Was the author of the Argonautica pilloried by armchair critics for violating the continuity established in the Iliad and the Odyssey?

No comments:

Post a Comment