Wednesday, May 24, 2006

movies I haven't seen

This is a lead-up to a 'My Favorite Movies' post I've been thinking about doing. I wanted to give some sort of context to why my fave movie list might contain a lot of old crap. I just don't get to the movies that often, basically because I have an unending hatred for other movie goers. And I don't rent movies. Ever. I don't have a Netflix account nor a membership at a movie rental joint. Anyway, here's a small sampling of movies that a lot of geeks talk about but I've never seen them:

  • Reservoir Dogs
  • any X-men flick
  • Chronicles of Riddick
  • Boondock Saints
  • the Matrix sequels (saw the original on DVD last year)
  • Brotherhood of the Wolf
  • I've seen part of Spider-man on cable and nothing from the sequel
  • Equilibrium
  • those flicks where Bruce Campbell goes apeshit on zombies with a chainsaw hand
  • Pirates of the Carribbean
  • Serenity
  • Star Wars

Okay, I was just fucking with you on that last one. We have three copies of the Original Trilogy in our home, and the Sequels on DVD. But the rest of the list is legit.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:33 PM

    As much as you loves the Traveller, you owe it to yourself to watch Serenity (and all the episodes of Firefly if you haven't).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have both the series and the movie on DVD if you need to borrow them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:08 AM

    Evil Dead II is my favorite movie of all time (Campbell going apeshit with the zombies). It is the ultimate in campy/horror. Sam Raimi at his finest. Although if you don't have a taste for campy stuff, you won't like it.

    ReplyDelete