Tuesday, November 30, 2010

one of the odder posts I've made in a while

Last night I drifted off to sleep while watching some Fraggle Rock with my daughter.  I could probably get a post out of the strange ecology at work in that show, but if someone else want's to tackle it, please go ahead.  Anyway, someone woke me up with a phone call.  I don't remember the name but the dude was trying to track down rights to one of the pics I used in a Shatnerday post.  This one, I think.  Anyway, I hope I wasn't rude to the guy, as I barely remember the sleep-addled replies I gave him.  I asked him to email me the query but maybe I screwed up the addy.  Either way, I don't know who created the picture or who owns the rights to it, but for everybody at home here's a tip courtesy my buddy Pat: tineye.com will look this crap up for you.  You give tineye a picture file and it conjures up places on the web where it can be found.  Mystery caller, I hope one of those 8 links gets you where you need to go.

3 comments:

  1. Indeed. The Eye tells us that the artist is Jeff Wack, one of your colleagues in the League of Jeffs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ever so much for posting this! One of my hang-ups is to post sources for the pic I use, and Tin Eye looks to be an awesome tool. Not to mention it's helpful for finding higher res pics as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:04 PM

    Thanks for the resource link, that should be handy.

    And Fraggle Rock is packed with wonderful weirdness.

    ReplyDelete